Farmers Market to Forchetta Italianana
Join Linda at the North Bay Farmer's Market at 11 am and immerse yourself in the colours and variety of our beautiful market. Your experience will start with a half hour personalized guided tour through the Market's food vendors. You will explore the beautiful local seasonal produce and products the communities in this Region have to offer. From here, you'll have half an hour to chat with all of the vendors and shop for anything you'd like to take home with you.
At noon, we will gather back together, and take a short 7 minute stroll along North Bay’s main street where you can take note of stores you may want to shop at during your stay in the city. We will arrive at our indoor kitchen/eating area where the produce will be showcased in different recipes (look in the “What I’ll Provide” section to see the full menu). The class will be mostly demonstration, with some participation in the preparation of the appetizers and salads. You will learn what to do with a beautifully ripe red pepper, or the pungent flavour of basil showcasing local Adoro Olive Oils & Vinegars.
And you will leave with a sample bottle of either an olive oil or vinegar to take home.
Relax, sample, taste, ask questions, lend a hand in the food preparation, share stories and learn about each others' food experiences while sipping a San Pellegrino, all while being catered to by myself. Leave with an appreciation of shopping local and eating in the Italian style, and a sample bottle from Adoro’s.
Age requirement: 16 years of age and up
The tasting class is located in an indoor kitchen/seating area. The venue is accessible by ramp and elevator.
MENU (and can accommodate food allergies/sensitivities):
- Mini Caprese Skewers
- Basil/Tomato Bruschetta
- Roasted Pepper Hummus in Cucumber Cups
- Mini Parmesan Bowls with Arugula/Pepper Salad
- Bean/Bocconcini/Tomato Salad
- Roasted Peppers and Olives Homemade Rosemary Focaccia
- Lemon Olive Oil Cake/Berries
- San Pellegrino Italian Sparkling Fruit Beverage (choice between 2 flavours)
*Supported restrictions: Tree nut allergy, Gluten-free, Peanut allergy, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Soy-free
- In the event of rain, appropriate rain gear and/or umbrella
- A larger re-useable bag (in addition to the small one I'm providing) for any items you may purchase at the Market
- Some vendors accept cash only (others will accept cash, debit and/or e-payments)
- Your appetite!
**If you have any FOOD ALLERGIES OR SENSITIVITIES, this information is required 4 DAYS PRIOR to the Event to ensure the appropriate substitutes can be secured