Colouring in Cobalt
We will enjoy painting historic monuments, as well as learning local Canadian history from a local enthusiastic artist.
- We will meet at Jack Koza Park in Cobalt behind Miners Tavern
- We'll start with some historical information regarding the the Tavern and Park
- Then as we walk by the lake I'll be providing a historical tour, where we will have a visual historical mural to help tell the story of Cobalt
- As we walk through the cozy downtown core of Cobalt I will enlighten the audience about the history of the train station, head frames, historic buildings, and historic people
- We will make our way to local artisan boutiques (Laura’s Art Shoppe and The Crystal Vault) in town to browse the shops and learn from the local artists
- We’ll be walking the downtown core as loop, and while we make our way back to the Miners Tavern, we will stop at Paul Penna library in town to look at more historical photos of the area
- We’ll end our tour outdoors at the Miners Tavern, overlooking the lake. We can all break for drinks and snacks before starting the art activity
- We will then get in the creative mood with some fun painting activities to loosen ourselves up, then we will dive right into our final painting of the historical headframe.
As we work on our paintings we will have time to enjoy each other’s company and get inspired by each other and our environment.